99.9% of the time, there is no concern or issues with the title report, and it’s the title insurance’s job to protect you from recorded issues.
But sometimes, there may be an issue that we need to address. The following items are notables for your review:
- CCNRs for condos and co-ops, any joint maintenance agreements for townhomes, and sometimes single-family homes.
- Sewer capacity charges for newer homes.
- Judgements against the property that must be cleared prior to closing.
- Liens against the property.
- Easements on the property (make sure they’re normal and not excessive).
- Encroachments on the property (like fence line issues).
- Land use and zoning (is this a conforming property to its zoning requirements).
Not sure what the items in this list are? Don’t worry! We’ll work through everything together.
Have a question? Want to chat? Contact me here!